- 11/21/2013 | Convergent Publishes New Case Study on Self-Pay and Bad Debt Healthcare Collections with Covenant Medical Center
- 11/13/2013 | Convergent Releases New Healthcare Revenue Cycle Case Study with OSF Medical Group
- 10/30/2013 | Convergent and Health Management Associates to Discuss Developing a Mississippi Regional Patient Access Pre-Arrival Contact Center at Healthcare Business Insights Fall Retreat
- 10/25/2013 | Convergent to Implement Regional Pre-Arrival Patient Contact Center for Health Management Associates, Inc.
- 10/2/2013 | Convergent Publishes New Healthcare Case Study on Improving Patient Access Operations, Financial Performance and Patient Experience
- 9/19/2013 | Convergent to Discuss Federal and State Regulations Governing Reimbursement from the Delivery of Healthcare Services to New York’s Metro Healthcare Financial Management Association
- 9/10/2013 | Convergent Announces Business Partner Agreement with Siemens Medical Solutions
- 8/28/2013 | Convergent Announces Case Study with Community Medical Centers on Workers’ Compensation Claim Reimbursement
- 7/16/2013 | Wyckoff Heights Medical Center Selects Convergent to Provide Self-Pay Early Out Patient Recovery Services through Industry-Leading Patient Contact Center
- 7/9/2013 | Convergent to Enhance Patient Experience and Increase Reimbursement from Healthcare Delivery with Patient Access Services at Medical Center Hospital
- 6/27/2013 | New Healthcare Case Study Explores How Cooper University Hospital Increased Insurance Collection Rates by 25%
- 6/18/2013 | Convergent Announces John Frenzel as Chief Financial Officer for Healthcare Division
- 5/30/2013 | Convergent and UPMC to Discuss Six-Sigma Approach to Increase Patient Satisfaction and Financial Performance At HFMA Annual Conference
- 5/14/2013 | Convergent Healthcare Appoints Greg Rassier As Chief Operating Officer
- 5/9/2013 | Convergent to Focus on Enhancing the Patient Experience within Revenue Cycle Operations at Healthcare Financial Management Association’s Annual Institute
- 4/22/2013 | Convergent to Participate in Business Partner Roundtable Discussion at Healthcare Business Insights Spring Retreat
- 4/10/2013 | Convergent Implements Self-Pay Patient Reimbursement Program at Nyack Hospital
- 1/23/2013 | Convergent Employee Scorecard (CEScore) Wins Product of the Year Award
August 28, 2013
Convergent Announces Case Study with Community Medical Centers on Workers’ Compensation Claim Reimbursement
Healthcare Business Insights Publishes Revenue Cycle Case Study between Convergent Revenue Cycle Management and California Based Community Medical Centers
GAINESVILLE, Virginia, August 28, 2013 – Convergent Revenue Cycle Management, Inc., a leading provider of healthcare revenue cycle management and patient access solutions to top healthcare providers across the nation, announced a new case study on workers’ compensation and third-party claims follow-up with Community Medical Centers, a three-hospital system in Fresno, California. The study was conducted by Healthcare Business Insights, an organization specializing in providing hospitals with objective research to strategically drive initiatives that improve financial health and patient satisfaction levels. Like many hospitals, Community did not have the resources or legal expertise to manage workers’ compensation claims cost effectively. To resolve these claims, Community looked for a trusted partner to help maximize reimbursement from third-party payers and selected Convergent. The revenue cycle case study reveals the methodology Convergent followed to collect $35.9 million in workers’ compensation and aged insurance accounts, adding revenue to Community’s bottom line.
Community relied on Convergent’s healthcare attorneys to navigate complex California reimbursement regulations and increase collections. “We were initially looking for someone to do all of the workers’ comp. follow-up that had the ability to take it all the way to legal pursuit,” said Michelle Earnhart, Corporate Director of Patient Financial Services as Community. “That was one of the reasons Convergent was chosen, because they had a complement of attorneys that could follow up on California workers’ compensation from beginning to end.”
From Community’s perspective, the follow-up process for workers’ compensation in the new workflow is relatively straightforward. “What we do is manage the referrals,” Earnhart says. “We reconcile the accounts—the volumes and the dollars that are sent and sent back—as well as monitor the cash collections. Really that is all we do.”
Convergent handles all of the traditionally difficult tasks associated with workers’ compensation follow-up. Working directly from Community’s HIS system, the national revenue cycle management firm uses its own technology to calculate the expected reimbursement based on California’s complex fee schedules, comparing actual payments and identifying underpaid claims. Whenever an underpayment is identified, Convergent provides the appropriate follow-up through phone calls, letters, and litigation, if necessary.
“Our success at partnering with top performing providers is founded on our ability to quickly and effectively increase reimbursement for healthcare services with the appropriate resources and adherence to regulatory requirements,” said Derek Pickell, CEO of Convergent Revenue Cycle Management.
To access the case study, visit www.convergentusa.com/library.
About Account Control Technology Holdings, Inc. (ACT Holdings)
Account Control Technology Holdings, Inc. provides comprehensive business process outsourcing and financial services to diverse industries. Our companies partner with clients to help them run the “business” behind their operations so they can focus on what they do best – whether it’s serving customers, educating students, caring for patients, or keeping communities moving forward. ACT Holdings companies include Account Control Technology, Inc. and Convergent. For more information, visit http://accountcontrolholdings.com.
About Account Control Technology, Inc. (ACT)
Account Control Technology, Inc. is a leader in providing consultative debt management, collection, call center and business office solutions for education, government, commercial and consumer entities. Established in 1990, ACT has been recognized as an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private company for the past nine years running. The company serves clients nationwide from five office locations: Bakersfield, California; Woodland Hills, California; Mason, Ohio; Dallas, Texas; and San Angelo, Texas. For more information, call 800-394-4228, email email@example.com or visit www.accountcontrol.com.